The Institute of Sustainable Development (of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation, CCRF)
Институт устойчивого развития (Общественной палаты Российской Федерации)
Phone: +495 952 2423
Institute of Sustainable Development of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation
33, Leninsky pr., office 326
Moscow, 119071, Russia
‘A public policy institute aimed to search ways for addressing social, economic, and environmental problems to ensure sustainable development in the interests of civil society [and] ensure the implementation of the chief priority: increasing the value of nature and its resources as well as humans, their life and health.’
The purpose of the Institute is to develop the basics of national environmental policy and sustainable development policy. Focus areas/challenges are:
- To consolidate the efforts of the expert community to ensure Russia’s sustainable development;
- To build a public policy to promote sustainable development;
- To assist in designing and implementing a govenrment policy to promote sustainable development;
- To encourage civil engagement and the consolidation of all societal sectors, including the state, businesses, and the general public, to address sustainability issues; and
- To establish institutes ofr sustainable development in the regions.
Forms of work:
- Policy advice through publications, analytical reviews, appeals;
- Holding seminard and conferences; and
- Supporting the activities of the Social Forum for Energy Efficiency and Climate Change and engaging representatives of civil society, the expert community, businesses, and governance in the Forum's work.
- 2010 Annual report - http://sustainabledevelopment.ru/ISD_2010_site.pdf
- Environmental sustainability: problem and regional experience, Ed. V.M. Zakharov. - Moscow: Institute of Sustainable Development/Center for Russian Environmental Policy, 2010.
- Bobylev S.N., Averchenkov A.A., Solovyeva S.V., Kiryushin P.A. Energy efficiency and sustainable development. - Moscow: Institute of Sustainable Development / Center for Russian Environmental Policy, 2010.
- Energy Energy Efficiency: Perspectives for Russia (Regional experience and expertise offers).
- Moscow: Institute of Sustainable Development/ Centre for Russian Environmental Policy, 2010.
Composition and Membership
Established in 2009 under the auspices of the CCRF.
Director: Vladimir Zakharov, Member of the Russian Academy of Science.
Members comprise individuals from public and private organisations, academic institutions, and Government Departments.
Role and Functions
- advising on government policy or making policy recommendations, including NSDS; and
- stakeholder engagement.